Some Uber partners have asked us what to do in the event of a serious incident on the Uber system.
If you're involved in an accident:
- Ensure that everyone involved is safe. If there are any serious injuries, call an ambulance on 767.
- Exchange details with any other drivers involved.
- Lodge an Incident Report with police.
- Let us know. If it is a minor incident, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If it is a serious incident, send a message to our Urgent Issue Text Line and we'll get in touch as soon as possible.
You feel unsafe during a trip:
Rest assured that Uber has the details of every rider and driver on file, and the vast majority of situations are effectively dealt with by Uber support.
However, if a serious issue arises on a trip in which you feel unsafe, we suggest you:
- Pull over where safe and let the rider know that you're not able to continue the trip.
- If the rider doesn't leave, or there is aggressive behaviour or threats to your personal safety, you're within your rights.
- Let us know. If it's a minor issue, email email@example.com. If it's a serious issue, send a message to our Urgent Issue Text Line we'll get in touch as soon as possible.